2016-17 General Auditions
42nd Street Moon is pleased to announce its general auditions for its 24th season, 2016-17. General Auditions will be held on Wednesday, March 30 and 31, 2016, 12-5 pm, with call backs for our first production Baker Street on April 11 & 14.
Interested Equity actors are encouraged to email Office Manager Shaun Plander for information on how to schedule an audition. Local Bay Area actors are preferred. The Equity Drop-in day is March 30, 12-5 pm, 2016. Appointments will be made for two auditioners every 10 minute increment.
Non-Equity actors will be seen by invitation only on March 31, 2016. Please submit your headshot and resume as instructed below.
42nd Street Moon presents intimately produced versions of uncommon musicals, specializing in early to mid-20th Century American Musical Theatre. Our shows are fully staged, with choreography, and small orchestra (often just a single piano.) No amplification is used.
Our regular performance schedule:
- Wednesdays & Thursdays at 7 pm;
- Fridays at 8 pm;
- Saturdays at 6 pm; and
- Sundays at 3 pm.
- One added Saturday Family Matinee at 1 pm in the 2nd week of each run.
Dates of Rehearsals and Productions:
- Play #1, Baker Street. Rehs. start Oct. 11; runs Nov. 2-20, 2016.
- Play #2. Exact dates TBD.
- Play #3. Rehs. start March. 7, run March 29-April 16, 2016.
- Play #4. Rehs. start March 27, runs May 3 -May 21, 2016.
Auditions will be held in our studio space at 250 Van Ness Ave. at Grove St.
For General Auditions, please prepare two songs from the Golden Age of Broadway: Cole Porter, Rodgers & Hart, the Gershwins, etc. Sondheim and Jerry Herman are OK. One classic ballad and one character/comedy song. Please no rock musicals or Andrew Lloyd Webber. One classic ballad and one character/comedy song. Please be prepared to sing the entire song, but if we are running late on time, we may ask for a cut of the song.
Character Breakdown for BAKER STREET: Set in London in 1897. 9 M, 4 F
- Sherlock Holmes – M, late 30s to 40s. Baritone.
- Dr. Watson – M, 40s to early 50s. Baritone
- Irene Adler – F, late 20s – mid 30s. Vivacious American actress – lyric soprano to G
- Professor Moriarty – M, late 40s to 50s character baritone
- Mrs. Hudson - F, late 40s to early 60s alto
- Daisy – F, Irene’s maid early to late 20s
- Inspector Lestrade –M, late 40s – 50s
- Captain Gregg – M, mid-late 30s
- The Baker Street Irregulars (4 M, 1 F: 20s – 40ish) – all sing and dance: The Irregulars double as Murillo, etc.
To be considered for an audition, you may submit your headshot and résumé via the 42nd Street Moon website at www.42ndstmoon.org/online-submissions or send your materials to:
42nd Street Moon
601 Van Ness Avenue, #E3-621
San Francisco, CA 94102
For more information, contact Shaun Plander, Office Manager, (415) 255-8205 x105. Thank you for your interest in 42nd Street Moon.